Gardens are highly personal and should recognize the imagination and character of the people who love them.
As part of our philosophy and process, America The Beautiful engages our clients as follows:
- We visit your property (Vancouver, WA, Washington, Clark County, Camas, Washougal, Ridgefield) and participate in lively discussions about what your landscape should be. There is no charge for the first 30 minutes. Go to our design survey and tell about the challenges of your yard.
- We listen carefully and take the time to hear and understand your desires and objectives. Integrating our knowledge with your visions.
- We perform an on-site evaluation that includes analysis of drainage, soil, light quality, existing site features, and any other horticultural and aesthetic elements that are essential to the success of the project.
- Weaving these into a garden tapestry that is unique to your landscape, we are able to design a garden that is built the way you want it and far exceeds your expectations. Please Go to our design survey and tell about the challenges of your yard. We'll respond quickly to discuss your landscape needs.
“The project was everything promised and more. Our once overgrown, shaggy landscaping is now elegantly simple and easy to care for. When we are outside enjoying our new yard, more than one passing car has stopped to ask how such a dramatic change was done so quickly.” — Susan H. Bothell, WA.
The Value of Retreat is more than a thing of beauty
- A beautiful garden increases the overall value of a home.
- A recent joint study by Clemson University (http://www.clemson.edu) and the University of Maryland concluded that potential home buyers will pay up to 11.3% above the asking price for homes with thoughtfully-designed landscaping.
- The Wall Street Journal reports,“…landscape investments are recovered fully, and sometimes doubled, via increasing real estate values.”
- It is also clear that the caliber of the design impacts the value of the landscape investment. This Old House stated, “Landscaping can increase the value of your property by as much as 20% – if it is done well.“ And a study of home sales in Greenville, South Carolina indicates, “Homes with excellent landscaping sell 4 to 5 percentage points higher…Homes with poor landscaping… sell for 8-10% less.”
“I like the way my garden fits the house. It seems like it should have always been this way.” — Sylvia E. Bellevue, WA.
After spending more than 25 years in the landscaping industry, Jeff Naramor founded First Choice, Inc. in 1998. Known as First Choice Landscaping, in 2004, the company’s name was changed to America The Beautiful, a name that reflects the vision of its founder. America the Beautiful continues to bring graceand beauty to the gardens of America, specializing in residential design and building gardens that reflect individuality and imagination, America The Beautiful understands the passion of garden design. Deeply committed to creating garden retreats, our gardens incorporate the practices of professional landscape design with the grace and enthusiasm of beauty, delight, and love of a remarkable garden. Contact Us with any questions you may have about your landscape.
“They had amazing insights as to what I wanted, since I was not really sure. We are very pleased with the work… they were always on time, worked hard, and did what they said they would.” — Jeanne W. Woodinville, WA