Frequently Asked Questions
Does a landscape contractor do the same basic things that a
landscape designer does while bidding on a job?
98% of landscape contractors don't have professional landscape
design training. Most contractors will try their best to impress
potential clients with sample award winning landscape projects that
will entice new clients, but lack the listening, analytical, horticultural and
creative skills to organize a cost effective solution to give clients what they
Most clients, when seeking general landscaping
services, need a comprehensive master plan that can be implemented over time. That's
why, the first landscape professional, consumers should consult
with, should be an experienced and qualified landscape designer. Fill out Our Design Survey and we'll respond quickly.
Please Contact Us with any questions you may have or
to set up an initial consultation.
When considering a landscape project, what are the most
important priories I should consider?
Priority #1: Water is the single most important factor to consider when
- Make sure your property has good drainage and water doesn't flow toward
house or sit on property for more than 6 hours.
- Make sure soil drains water from all plants within 6 hours
- Make sure lawn areas drain properly or turf health will struggle
- Make sure water doesn't sit stagnate anywhere on property of it may cause
- Proper irrigation of plants and lawn areas(spring through fall) is required
for plant health
- Water features add beauty and atmosphere to any landscape
Priority #2: Soil is the foundation of all plant health.
- Soil type determines fertilizers, amendments, and watering schedule
- Poor draining soils should be amended and planted appropriately
- Many soils in Clark county have been compromised because of construction
Priority #3: Hard surfaces: need to be useful, good investment and
- Hard surfaces include retaining walls, patios, walkways, driveways, etc.
- Hard surfaces are one of the largest investments in any
landscape. In order for hard surfaces to be a good cost
effective investment in properties they must be efficiently
designed, professionally installed and immensely useful.
- The amount of investment recommenced for hard surfaces is related to
property value potential.
How Does America The Beautiful Landscape Design work with homeowners?
We turn ordinary yards into extraordinary gardens.
We've developed a 5 step plan over the last 30 years.
Where's what you
Please fill out Our Design Survey so we can help you .
- Step One: Initial Consultation
- Step Two: Site Analysis
- Step Three: Preliminary Design
- Step Four: Final Design
- Step Five: Contractor Referral
How can I get started with my landscape master plan?
How can I find the best plants for my property?
We are trained Certified Professional Horticulturist (CPH) with 30 years
experience in the Pacific Northwest. When considering plants for your property
there are several things to consider in order to put the right plant in the
right place. Below are some basic requirements:
- Sunlight exposure needed by plant
- Soil type needed by plant
- Existing drainage
- Moisture requirements
- Pest/animal issues
- Dramatic seasonal interest of plants
- Privacy needs of the client
- Clients color and style preferences
- Prevailing winds
- Heat or Cold exposure
- Septic systems
- Maintenance issues
We are available to help you from concept to completion. Please Contact
Us for an initial consultation.